This club-specific guide to members of Deer Park Golf Clubs is based on the “Protocol for the Re-introduction of Golf in the Republic of Ireland” which has been prepared by the Irish Ladies Golf Union and the Golfing Union of Ireland following extensive consultation with the relevant government departments and state agencies in the Republic of Ireland. Our guide aims to ensure that golf can be played safely during the COVID-19 Pandemic where public health measures permit such activity. As set out in the Protocol, golf is one of the first sports to be allowed to resume under the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business, and there is a major responsibility on golf clubs and golfers to ensure that our sport is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
To be able to play any of our courses all players must:
· Be a member of Deer Park Men’s Golf Club or Deer Park Ladies Golf Club.
· Not have been out of the country in the past 14 days
· Not be in self-isolation and not required to cocoon
· Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms
· Have a pre-paid tee time booked online or on the phone
Booking & Arrival
· Booking a tee time in advance is compulsory – via the Clubnet online app or phone.
· All golfers are required to book up to 48 hours in advance and are not to arrive at Deer Park Golf without a pre-booked tee time.
· Deer Park Golf will require all players to provide a phone number and email address to enable contact tracing
· All golfers will be made aware of our measures prior to their visit through via club emails along with club notice boards and further signage
· All players should have their own equipment washed before coming to Deer Park Golf to reduce any cross contamination
· Golfers are requested to travel to Deer Park Golf alone, unless accompanied by a member of the same household
· Arrival at the course no more than 15 minutes prior to reserved tee time
· Observe social distancing at all times and please refrain from gathering in groups around the golf courses, car park or golf shop.
· Our changing facilities will remain closed so we request all golfers to arrive correctly dressed for golf and shoes can be changed in the parking facilities
· Report straight to the Golf Shop upon arrival to check-in and give group details.
· Ensure that you have sufficient numbers of golf balls, markets and tees.
· Please park one car distance from the nearest vehicle.
Check-in and Golf Shop Procedures
· It is mandatory for all golfers to check in at the Golf Shop to allow us to be able to trace movements, if required, during and post round
· Two-metre queue markings and a single Golf Shop service point are in place: this will be at the side window towards the Bar.
· Golfing items will be available to purchase, gathered by staff on request
· Food and beverage items will be limited and served from the service point
· We request all payments to made on card as cash cannot be accepted
· Scorecards will not be available, and all golf will be social until Monday 8th June 2020.
Clubhouse and Amenities
· All clubhouse access is limited to the toilets only, the changing and shower areas will remain closed. Toilets are cleaned regularly.
· Paper towels are provided with all hand driers currently disabled
· Sanitised Golf Buggies are available for hire, pull trolleys are not available.
The Golf Course
· Groups restricted to 3-balls at 15-minute intervals, equating to 12 golfers per hour unless stated differently
· Putting greens are open and limited to a maximum of 4 players at a time.
· Arrive at the 1st tee no more than 5 minutes prior to the reserved tee time
· Deer Park Golf staff will assist members with social distancing by monitoring the car park, first tee and practice green to ensure adherence to protocols and help avoid group gatherings. This will be supported our security staff.
· Social spacing signage identifies the 1st tee waiting areas in relation to distancing measures
· Members are required to carry their membership card at all times for membership identity when asked.
· If any player(s) are not following directions, they will be asked to leave the course immediately without refund
· Tee off times strictly observed to ensure minimum 15-minute group spacing which will be monitored throughout the day.
· No call-throughs allowed on the course.
· No caddies permitted with players unless from the same household and do not exceed the 3-person group limit.
During your Round
· Physical distancing to be adhered to with close attention to be paid while on the tee boxes and greens.
· No more than 1 group on a tee box or green at any given time
· Rubbish bins have been removed from the golf course so all rubbish should be taken with you upon leaving the Estate
· All bunkers will remain in play but we request golfers to smooth markings over with their feet pre and post shot as rakes have now been removed until further notice
· Flagsticks can be removed with clubs only, please do not handle
· Please use your glove hand where possible when removing your ball from the hole-cup
· Once a hole is completed, the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole
· Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area as all golf is now social until further notice
· Do not loan players in your group, your equipment or your supplies at any stage
· All golfers must only touch their own equipment and not that of others including retrieval of golf balls and tees
· No handshakes or other forms of contact at any stage
· Golfers are recommended to wash and sanitise their hands in the toilets post round
· All players must return to their cars and avoid any other gatherings in the parking facilities
· We advise clubs and other equipment are cleaned thoroughly after use once home
· Players must call or email the golf club with any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, at the earliest possible opportunity to allow the authorities perform full contact tracing on any given day
Ensuring the Safety of our Staff
Golf Shop Team
Our Golf Shop team manages all interactions with members and golfers. Please see measures ensuring their safety, along with the safety of other club members and visitors.
· All staff are provided with PPE to wear on-site
· Staff are comprehensively trained in importance of hand hygiene and cough etiquette
· All hand sanitiser and cleaning solutions are provided at the service point
· There will only be one staff member present in the Golf Shop at any one time
· Staff to always remain at least two metres from customers to ensure social distancing
· All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised regularly to provide maximum safety for all golfers and staff
Green Keepers are isolated on the course for much of the time, with steps taken to minimise the risk of cross-contamination during their shift.
· Morning briefings are temporarily postponed with instructions being delivered individually with appropriate distance
· Staggered start and break times to avoid gatherings at any given time
· Hand sanitisers provided for regular use on entry points and for personal use
· Disposable protective gloves are always worn or their individual work gloves
· Face masks used when required
· Utility vehicles limited to single person use at any time
· All Green staff are to avoid gathering in the any compounds and canteens
· Machinery fully sanatised after use, including the disinfecting of controls and seating area