Phase 3 Protocol for Members, Visitors and Guests at Deer Park Golf
This club-specific guide to members and guests of Deer Park Golf is based on the “Protocol for the Re-introduction of Golf in the Republic of Ireland”, which has been prepared by the Irish Ladies Golf Union and the Golfing Union of Ireland following extensive consultation with the relevant government departments and state agencies in the Republic of Ireland.
Our guide aims to ensure that golf can be played safely during the COVID-19 Pandemic where public health measures permit such activity. As set out in the Protocol, golf was one of the first sports to be allowed to resume under the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business, and there is a major responsibility on golf clubs and golfers to ensure that our sport is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
To play our courses Deer Park Golf during Phase 3 all golfers must:
· Not have been out of the country in the past 14 days
· Not be in self-isolation
· Not be displaying any COVID-19 symptoms
· Have a pre-reserved tee time booked online or on the phone
Booking and Arrival
· Booking a tee time in advance is compulsory – via website, app, or phone
· All golfers will be required to book online with the member tee sheet now opening 28 days in advance
· Golfers are not to arrive at the Estate without a pre-booked tee time
· Deer Park Golf will require all players to provide a phone number and email address to enable contact tracing
· All golfers will be made aware of our measures prior to their visit through an automated booking confirmation received via email along with club notice boards, Clubnet App and further signage
· All players should have their own equipment washed before coming to Deer Park Golf Estate to reduce any cross contamination
· Golfers are requested to travel to the Estate alone, unless accompanied by a member of the same household
· Arrival at the course no more than 15 minutes prior to reserved tee time
· Observe social distancing at all times and please refrain from gathering in groups around the Estate
· Our changing facilities will be available, however, we request all golfers to arrive correctly dressed for golf and shoes can be changed in the parking facilities where possible.
· Please visit the Golf Shop Service Point upon arrival to check-in and give group details
· Ensure that you have sufficient numbers of golf balls, markers and tees for your individual usage.
Check-in and Service Point Procedures
· It is mandatory for all golfers to check in at the Golf Shop to allow us to be able to trace movements, if required, during and post round
· Two-metre queue markings and a single Golf Shop Service point are in place.
· The service desk has a Perspex safety guard for the safety of golfers and Golf shop staff
· We request all payments to made on card for product and entries
· The Golf Shop is available for retail purchases
· Scorecards are now available.
Clubhouse and Amenities
· The Clubhouse access is available, Locker Rooms and Toilet facilities are available – Shower facilities remain closed
· Toilets will have limited entry numbers and will be cleaned regularly
· Paper towels are provided with all hand driers currently disabled, please put all used towels in the bins provided.
· Sanitised Trollies and Golf Carts (single use only) are available for hire, subject to being pre-booked.
The Golf Courses
· Groups are restricted to 4-balls at 10-minute intervals
· Putting greens are open with both greens limited to a maximum of 4 players at a time. Flags are currently not in place on the putting green.
· Players practicing must observe social distancing.
· Arrive at the 1st tee 5 minutes prior to the reserved tee time for rules of the day and competition guidelines.
· Deer Park Golf Estate staff will assist with social distancing by monitoring the car park, 1st tee and practice greens to ensure adherence to protocols and help avoid group gatherings. Social spacing signage identifies the 1st tee waiting areas in relation to distancing measures
· If any player(s) are not following directions, they will be asked to leave the course immediately
· Tee off times strictly observed to ensure minimum 10-minute group spacing which will be monitored throughout the day
· No caddies permitted with players unless from the same household and do not exceed 4 person group limit.
During Your Round
· Physical distancing to be adhered to with close attention to be paid while on the tee boxes and greens.
· No more than 1 group on a tee box or green at any given time
· Most rubbish bins have been removed from the golf course so all rubbish should be taken with you upon leaving the Estate.
· All bunkers will remain in play but for competition golf we are using the temporary rule “When a player’s ball lies in a bunker, the player may prefer the lie within six inches” the sand must not be smoothed before placing however we request golfers to smooth markings over with their feet post shot as rakes have now been removed until further notice
· All par 3 holes are now a compulsory call up hole to allow play to keep moving and not cause delays causing social distancing breaches
· Flagsticks to remain in the hole and must not be touched and must be removed using the club hook only.
· Please use your glove hand where possible when removing your ball from the hole cup and not a club head
· Once a hole is completed, the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole
· Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area, please play a provisional if in any doubt.
· Do not loan players in your group your equipment or your supplies at any stage
· All golfers must only touch their own equipment and not that of others including retrieval of golf balls and tees
· No handshakes or other forms of contact at any stage.
· Coffee, tea and light snacks can be purchased as a take away from the Golf Shop Service Point.
· Golfers are recommended to wash and sanitise their hands in the facilities provided post round.
· All players must return to their cars and avoid any other gatherings in the parking facilities
· We advise clubs and other equipment are cleaned thoroughly after use once home
· Players must call or email the golf club with any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, at the earliest possible opportunity to allow the authorities perform full contact tracing on any given day
Golf Shop Team
Please see measures ensuring the safety of our Golf Shop Team, along with the safety of the club members.
· All staff are provided with PPE to wear on-site
· Staff are comprehensively trained in importance of hand hygiene and cough etiquette
· All hand sanitiser and cleaning solutions are provided at the Service Point, at the entrance to each area and in general areas such as the clock-in machine.
· As far as is practicable there will only be one staff member present in the Golf Shop at any one time
· Staff to always remain at least two metres from customers to ensure social distancing
· All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised regularly to provide maximum safety for all guests and staff
Green Keeping Team
· Green Keepers are scheduled work apart on the course for much of the time, with steps taken to minimise the risk of cross-contamination during their shift.
· Morning briefings are held in the open with the correct social distance.
· Staggered start and break times to avoid gatherings at any given time.
· Hand sanitisers provided for regular use on entry points.
· Disposable protective gloves are always worn or their individual work gloves.
· Face masks used when required.
· All Green staff are to avoid gathering in the any compounds and canteens
· Machinery is disinfected after use including controls and seating area.
Posted on 23 Jul 2020.